Testnet - Setup and run Node
- A new node with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Port 443 needs to be open
- In order to run Massbit node, a blockchain node (ETH, DOT) is required
3. Scroll down to the Zones section, click "Add Node" in the zone you are planning to run your Node in
4. Fill in the required information for your new Node. Make sure your Blockchain type and Blockchain node IP.
*Note: your blockchain node should be synchronized to allow your Node to be verified and join MassBit network.
5. In Node detail, copy the installation command and run it on your Node.
6. Run the copied installation script on a new Ubuntu server. Your Node will go through the installation process of all required components and negotiate with MassBit core components to join the network. Once your Node is verified and joined the MassBit network, you will see the following output.
7. The status is also updated to "Verified" on the Node detail page.
** In Testnet Phase 2, after Node is verified, your node will be selected to stake token. The token in this phase is unofficial. An automated process will select Nodes based on performance and resource allocation in each zone.
8. Once your Node is selected, the node status on Massbit Portal will change to "Approved," and the staking option will be available